What Skip Is Needed for a Bathroom Clearance?
When you are thinking about renovating your bathroom, one of the first things to consider is what size skip you will need for the waste? DP Skip Hire offer a wide range of skip hire sizes, so you will always have plenty of options when it comes to picking the best one for your project.
We would generally recommend hiring a builder’s skip for bathroom clearances as this is large enough to accommodate bulky waste and fittings that need to be disposed of.
What Bathroom Waste Can Be Put in a Skip?
A hired skip provides an effective way to get rid of solid bathroom waste, including materials that you may struggle to dispose of in another way. Here are some examples to consider –
- Building rubble
- Ceramics such as sinks and toilets
- Non-electrical fittings
- Hardcore materials including aggregates like quarry waste, tiles, concrete, bricks, crushed rock and gravel
- Packagings such as cardboard, plastics and polystyrene
- Solidified paint
Items That Cannot Be Added to a Skip
While it is very tempting to chuck everything into your skip, there are some things that it cannot be used for.
Putting the wrong kind of waste in your skip means your skip hire provider could refuse to take it, which could lead to further hassle and expense on your part.
Here are some types of bathroom waste that cannot go into a skip –
- Clinical and medical waste, including dressings and syringes
- Fluorescent tubes
- Hazardous and toxic materials
- Paint, paint tins or solvents
Don’t Forget About Recycling!
Bathrooms contain plenty of items that can be recycled, such as –
- Shampoo and conditioner bottles
- Shower gel and bubble bath bottles
- Cardboard boxes for toothpaste, soapboxes and toilet roll tubes
- Bathroom cleaner and bleach bottles
- Deodorant and shaving foam cans
- Moisturiser bottles
Book Your Skip Hire Today
If you are looking for a skip hire company to assist with your bathroom renovation, look no further than DP Skip Hire today. We have over 25 years of experience providing skips for domestic and commercial clients across Newcastle under Lyme, Stoke on Trent and the rest of Staffordshire. Contact us now for more information.